Does this sound familiar? Does this sound like you? Asking for what you want is hard.Â But itâ€™s necessary. Every time you reply â€śI donâ€™t knowâ€ť or â€śI donâ€™t careâ€ť or â€śwhateverâ€ť, you miss an opportunity to practice asking for what you want.
Letâ€™s just say that, I want it all and Iâ€™ll happily take it right now. I donâ€™t have a problem asking for what I want, but it hasnâ€™t always been that way. Iâ€™ve had to practice. Even when it felt uncomfortable. Especially when it felt uncomfortable.
The fastest way to get what you want out of life and business is to ask for it. It might seem like common sense, I know. But it works like a charmâ€¦90% of the time. And the other 10%? Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and it was good practice.
You might think that successful people never ask for help. You would be mistaken with a capital M! Successful people know that they canâ€™t accomplish their goals solo. And, on the flip side, successful people often take pleasure in helping, giving advice and revealing gems of their own insight. Donâ€™t hesitate to ask the successful people in your network for advice or assistance!
The quicker you master your fear, or reluctance, to ask for what you want, the faster you will experience personal and professional growth. This is what Iâ€™d like you to do, to practice, shall we sayâ€¦purposefully, ask for something on a regular basis. If you need a recommendation for a new hair stylist, ask for it. If you need a contact or a referral, ask for that too. If you need some one-on-one time with your boss, ask for that as well. And, for goodness sake, the next time someone asks where you want to go for lunch, pick someplace! Any place. The point is: by doing this each day, you will learn to become comfortable with asking for what you want. Youâ€™ve got this!
Share your Moxie:Â What is your greatest story around asking for what you want? Even if you didnâ€™t get what you asked for, what did you learn? Share your story in the comment section below. xo. ~KG